Thursday, April 19, 2012

Awakening Our Spiritual Eyes


I was strolling with my wife, daughter and her two kids through acres and acres of tulip fields at a local farm here in La Conner.  Broad bold stripes of reds, pinks, whites, yellows, oranges, and purples set against the farms and towering Cascade Mountains.  The early evening sun gave a golden warm hue to everything.

The beauty was so commanding that it allowed my family and me to drop out of our busy minds and into the sacredness of the present moment.  Beneath the chattering of our minds is an ever-present backdrop of quiet and stillness.  This backdrop is where we all experience life unfiltered by the distractions and distortions of our conceptual thoughts.  We are so amazingly designed -- when our personal thinking falls away we are able to connect with this inner core of quiet.  And when this connection is made this quiet core so often awakens in us feelings of aliveness, vitality, gratitude and love.  This core awakened in me a deep sense of connection with everyone who was passing me in the fields.  When our minds are at rest in our souls, a deeper sense of clarity and tenderness arises.  I noticed that everyone was smiling and being nice to one another.  How wonder-full it is to learn that understanding the 3 Principles point us within to this quiet, enlivened place where our deepest humanity is awakened and brings greater spiritual sensitivity and caring into the world.  To know in our heart of hearts that this quiet place always exists within us, and that it has the power to awaken the sense of sacred in us, is a priceless gift.  I am amazed by this ever-present capacity in us to see the beauty in each other and in the world around us.  I call this deep core spiritual because it is a formless, creative energy that is ultimately indescribable, yet it is the essence of who we are as human beings.  And I got lots of hugs from little Jacob and Eva out in those fields.  I stop to take photos of them because I know they are also seeing everyone and everything through those same sacred eyes!




No comments:

Post a Comment